According to the US National Cancer Institute’s Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results (SEER) Database, 43.3% of American males and 37.8% of American females will develop cancer in their lifetime. That’s a staggering number. Almost one out of two men and a little more than one out of three women.
So what can you do about it? beforehand? before that diagnosis comes in and it’s too late. There has been a lot of research into preventative measures, even some done by the American Cancer Society (surprisingly) but it’s all scattered and unclear in many ways. So I decided to do some of my own research and really create something valuable. I decided to research the best specific anti-cancer, or cancer prevention foods in the world. These foods were made to keep your body in a peak state of health and avoid cancer from developing in the first place.
The best way to “Fight Cancer” is to prevent it, it’s to live healthy, eat healthy, exercise and get plenty of nutrition. When I was doing research for this article I wanted to creating something unique, interesting and new. We’ve all seen articles and scientific journals stating that a specific food prevents cancer in lab rat studies, and that’s great! and those foods are definitely on the cancer prevention list.
What about taking another approach though? what about focusing on the causes of cancer and then backtracking a bit. Why not research foods that have the best anti-cancer development effects, meaning, find the main causes of cancer and find the foods that have the closest matching nutritional profile to supplement preventing the main causes of cancer? Does this make sense? I hope so! if not, I’ll be recording a video on youtube about this within the next week or so.
It makes sense right? take the the top alkalizing and anti-inflammatory foods on the planet and these have to be the best cancer prevention foods as well. So I did my research and this is what I found…
The Top Alkalizing Foods On The Planet:
1. Kale: Kale is one of if not the richest alkalizing food on the planet. It’s rich in many vitamins and minerals that alkalize like calcium and magnesium. It’s a great source of chlorophyll which plays an important role in alkalizing the body. This is also a very strong anti-inflammatory food because of the omega 3 fatty acids contained in this green so it really tops this list in two ways!
2. Lemon: Lemon is acidic in nature but when in the human body it creates an alkalizing effect. Once it enters the metabolism it’s minerals enter the bloodstream and really help to alkalize the body. Lemon is also very rich in vitamin C which boosts immunity to prevent tumorous cancer growth.
3. Broccoli: One of the top alkalizing foods on the planet and a great source of fiber which is healthy for the Colon. It also contains sulforaphane which is a known anti-cancer compound.
Other foods worth consuming to alkalize the body are coconut water, any leafy greens, celery, cucumber, and most green vegetables in general because of the chlorophyll content in them.
The Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods On The Planet:
1. Turmeric: Turmeric is one of my favorite medicinal spices on the planet, coming from India. According to PubMed.gov, cancer rates in India are lower than those in western countries. Duke University found more than 200 citations for turmeric and cancer and more than 700 for curcumin and cancer. In the book Phytochemicals: Mechanisms of Action, are discussed. Curcumin, which is the active compound in turmeric were effective in animal models in prevention and/or treatment of colon cancer, mammary cancer, prostate cancer, murine hepatocarcinogenesis (liver cancer in rats), esophageal cancer, and oral cancer. Duke said that the effectiveness of the herb against these cancers compared favorably with that reported for pharmaceuticals. I personally love this liquid turmeric for bioavailability and assimilation reasons.
2. Blueberries: With a rich blend of nutrients and anthocyanin antioxidants, blueberries protect the brain and aid in anti-inflammatory efforts. They are low on the glycemic index (like most berries) which some people believe feed cancer cells already out of balance. They can also be frozen without effecting their antioxidant benefits, unlike many other foods. Be sure to eat organic blueberries as new studies are showing that organic blueberries have higher concentrations of phenol antioxidants and anthocyanin antioxidants giving you the best anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer effects.
3. Flaxseeds: You may be wondering why flaxseeds made the list right? well, it’s the richest source of omega 3 fatty acids on the planet. Omega 3 fatty acids are one of the main drivers for creating an anti-inflammatory state within the body.
Other anti-inflammatory foods include, fish, walnuts, ginger, cloves, garlic.
And there you have it, eat more Kale, Lemon, Broccoli, Turmeric, Blueberry and Flaxseeds to prevent cancer. If I had cancer I would load up on these foods as often as I could as well.
Notice one more thing, Kale is green, Lemon is Yellow, Turmeric is orange, blueberry is blue and flaxseeds are brown. Notice the different colors? Eat the rainbow (the rainbow from the earth, not skittles) and you’ll notice dramatic positive effects on your health!
To your health and well-being! Please share this article to help spread the word about these amazing foods and help inspire more healthy choices!
– David Benjamin
P.S. If you already have cancer eat these foods, or share it with those who it may bring hope too. My mother is a stage 4 colon cancer survivor, if she can do it you can too! Keep your head up, take care of your health and laugh a lot! Laughing boosts immunity which gives you strength, vitality and life back!
Sources: Pubmed.gov, Duke University, whfoods.com, Dr. Andrew Weil, Dr. Joseph Mercola.
For a limited time get a free 11-day documentary series where you’ll hear stories from doctors, patients, scientists and others who have survived, beat or are treating cancer in alternative ways (free to watch) by clicking the banner below: