Eating healthy doesn’t have to be a drag. You can enjoy the healthy food that you eat and enjoy every last bite. If the food you’re eating isn’t tasting good, then take some time to make something you’ll enjoy. Personally, I love zucchini bread, but most of it is not healthy and is full of sugar and other difficult to digest grains or gluten.
This recipe is healthy, organic and delicious! If you love zucchini bread, and you love chocolate, this recipe will leave your taste buds floating somewhere in heaven.
It takes approximately 45 minutes to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup Justin’s chocolate hazelnut butter blend on amazon or if Paleo, use almond butter sweetened with 1 tbsp of maple syrup and 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder |
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 large organic pastured eggs
- 2 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1-2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a medium bowl combine the chocolate hazelnut butter, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt and blend with a hand held mixer for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add baking soda and vinegar (will fizz up) then blend for 30 more seconds.
- Stir in shredded zucchini. If really watery, squeeze out excess water.
- Place in a lined or greased loaf pan. You can use one 5×9″ pan or 2 mini loaf pans.
- Optional: add 1-2 tbsp of mini chocolate chips to the top!
- Bake for 23-28 minutes if you have mini loaf pans and 35-50 minutes for large loaf pan. Start testing with a toothpick at 35 minutes and when it comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack and serve. You can also serve warm too.Enjoy your organic chocolate rich zucchini bread creation!