The traditional medical establishment says that salt is bad, that you should have less sodium in your diet because salt is said to cause heart attacks and other cardiovascular health problems. How is it that salt/sodium is so bad? The oceans are full of it and our world is abundant in salt, if the earth needs salt we need it also.
Salt is actually beneficial for the development for bone structure, metabolism, digestion and the whole structure of your body. It’s helpful for the adrenal glands as well! Craving salt is a sign of poor adrenal function, so if you are craving it then that means that you need it. Salt is vital and you need it to stay alive, it’s not as evil as the medical establishment claims it to be.
In fact, the three most abundant sources of living things on our ENTIRE planet are:
3. Sulphur (MSM)
Do you think this is an important fact to know? It definitely is! Because if you are dehydrated or deficient in your minerals that are in salt or sulphur then you aren’t giving your body the tools it needs to be as healthy as it can be. The problem with most salt that you get at your local grocery store is that it’s been refined, heated up and additives have been added including fluoride! The salt supply has become of lower quality over time because of pollution as well as mass processing procedures in order to produce more salt at a cheaper cost in order to increase profit margins.
Some people say that up to 3% of traditional table salt is simply moisture absorbents, caking agents and toxins. The other 97% (the actual salt) has been processed, refined, heated up to temperatures in excess of 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit and has been stripped of it’s nutritional value because of these things.
Fortunately there are healthier choices of salt out there! There are salts such as celtic salt, sea salt and himalayan salt which include many minerals and beneficial compounds for your health. My personal favorite salt is himalayan sea salt, because himalayan salt is rich in minerals and contains 84 minerals in it! Minerals are the bare base for your structural skeleton as well as other functions in the body so having enough minerals in your diet strengthens your body and gives you more structural integrity especially as you age.
Himalayan salt contains magnesium, potassium, calcium, manganese, Iron, Nickel, Copper, Zinc, Germanium, Selenium and iodine. Let’s face it, you are going to use salt in some way in your cooking, in your soups or in your diet somehow right? So mine as well switch to a healthier salt. Like I said earlier in this article, salt is one of the top 3 components found in all living things on planet earth, so it’s actually important for life! The great thing about himalayan salt as well is that you can use it in baths so that you can soak in a bathtub full of mineral water, which also includes that magnesium btw! Which is a great epsom salt bath replacement because you soak in more minerals including trace minerals.
With your typical salt at the grocery store you are buying a refined, dead, preserved and sterile form of salt from the ‘earth’ which isn’t nearly the same as hand packed and hand rinsed pink himalayan salt. The great thing about himalayan salt is that there are numerous health benefits such as improving bone strength, regulating water content in your body, Promoting a healthy pH balance in your cells including brain cells, Promotes sinus health, Prevents muscle cramps, Supports Libido, Regulates sleep, promotes vascular health and more! The many health benefits of pink himalayan salt make it a clear choice to choose over regular table salt which is actually not beneficial for your health.
One of the recurring questions you should ask yourself when it comes to the food you eat is how is the quality of this food? is this food good for me? does it feed and improve my health? The quality of the food you eat is more important than anything else. The closer to nature the food is, the less processed it is the more beneficial it will be for you almost every single time. When it comes to making small changes in your life that improve your health this is an easy no-brainer that I highly recommend you change starting today.
It’s a simple switch that you have the power to flip, all you have to do is to get some pink himalayan salt and use that instead of the old salt. I get my pink himalayan salt from Dr. Mercola. You can try the pink himalayan salt here, I sure hope you do! it tastes much better too!
Have an amazing day, please comment, like and share this article with those you love!
~ Pura Vida ~
P.S. The price is cheap as well! I bought the 3-pack of himalayan salt containers for 17 bucks and that will probably last me a year with all of the food I eat! Sometimes I simply add a few pinches to my water as well just to drink minerals throughout the day! You can read more about the salt I recommend here.