I remember when I was a kid I would always see people wearing Bob Marley t-shirts. It was always a picture of him with his dreads, and no musical instrument! You’ve probably seen a lot of these t-shirts too. Not knowing who he was I just thought that he was a activist or revolutionary like Che Guevara. As I grew older I learned about him more and his musical talent.
The older you get the more you appreciate wisdom. Whether it’s wisdom about life, relationships, love, people or the planet. It seems that Bob Marley had a little bit of wisdom all around that he had to share whether it was in an interview with the legend or in the lyrics of his songs.
We’re in a turbulent time in the United States right now. There’s a lot of injustice, a lot of hate, a lot of ignorance. It’s time to take a break from the “political diarrhea” in social media and tune into some wisdom. In times of turbulence, ignorance and anger it is most important to be understanding and wise. Enter Bob Marley! I’ve cherry picked these 15 specific quotes from the musical legend for you to wisen through this time and not let the negativity hinder your journey of personal growth and evolution.
15 Quotes From Bob Marley On Freedom, Love & Wisdom
- Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live! – Bob Marley
- Don’t gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold. – Bob Marley
- If you’re white and you’re wrong, then you’re wrong; if you’re black and you’re wrong, you’re wrong. People are people. Black, blue, pink, green – God make no rules about color; only society make rules where my people suffer, and that why we must have redemption and redemption now. – Bob Marley
- Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living? – Bob Marley
- Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds. – Bob Marley
- The devil ain’t got no power over me. The devil come, and me shake hands with the devil. Devil have his part to play. Devil’s a good friend, too… because when you don’t know him, that’s the time he can mosh you down. – Bob Marley
- What important is man should live in righteousness, in natural love for mankind. – Bob Marley
- You not supposed to feel down over whatever happen to you. I mean, you’re supposed to use whatever happen to you as some type of upper, not a downer. – Bob Marley
- Money can’t buy life. – Bob Marley
- The biggest coward of a man is to awaken the love of a woman without the intention of loving her.
– Bob Marley
- My music fights against the system that teaches us to live and die. – Bob Marley
- The day you stop racing is the day you win the race. – Bob Marley
- Truth is the light. – Bob Marley
- Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen. – Bob Marley
- Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but its everything in between that makes it all worth living. – Bob Marley
There’s no doubt that Bob Marley was full of wisdom. I love his viewpoint on laws. He was once asked about laws and his response was “Every Law is Illegal” – How true is that?