Oxygen and water are the two most valuable resources to our body and our health. Without oxygen we die within a few minutes and without water we die within a few days. We need oxygen (trees) and we need pure water free of contaminants. Dehydration wreaks havoc on the human body and without knowing it many of us are chronically dehydrated. You may not know if you are dehydrated so it’s important to know.
Here Are The Top 5 Signs Of Hydration:
1. Low Blood Pressure: Oxygen molecules enter the bloodstream and without enough water blood pressure lowers.
2. Irregular Heart Beats: Water helps to regular your heartbeat as well as electrolyte balance which helps regulate the rhythm of your heart.
3. Dry Skin & Lips: If your skin or lips are dry this is a sign of dehydration. If your external organs (skin/lips) are dry then this is a very good indicator that you are dehydrated.
4. Light Headed or Headaches: This is a good indicator of dehydration.
5. Thirsty? or dry mouth? If you find yourself thirsty then you are probably already dehydrated. You shouldn’t feel thirsty or have a dry mouth. If you’re hydrated your mouth will be hydrated and you will have saliva production as well.
If you have any of these signs I recommend drinking more water starting immediately. I recommend drinking spring or purified water to avoid water that has chlorine and other processed chemicals and contaminants. It is recommended that you drink 50% of your body weight in ounces of water each day. Take your weight and divide it by two and that’s how many ounces of water you should be drinking each day. For example, if you weigh 130 pounds, 65 ounces of water is what you should drink each day. A 150 pound person should drink 75 ounces of water each day, and so on and so forth.
Take a look at what dehydration does to your entire body below…
If you have been dehydrated for a while and you have one or a few of these signs then i recommend drinking more water starting right now but to also add fresh squeezed lemon to your water as well as to drink coconut water. Both of these options are electrolyte rich and will help rehydrate you faster. I recommend C20 Pure Coconut water because it’s coconut water free of sugar or additives.