Pharmaceutical drugs are simply synthetically derived compounds from medicinally proven plants in nature to be able to patent, protect and sell. It’s an extremely profitable industry, especially in America. In 2012 almost one out of 2 people (48%) used a prescription drug in the previous 30 days. An astonishing 10.7% of the population was using five or more prescription drugs each month! Can you believe that? one out of ten people had five or more drugs they were taking.
The global pharmaceutical market is a $300+ billion dollar per year industry, and still growing unfortunately. It’s a cash cow for companies like pfizer, novartis, roche, merck and co. Their bread and butter comes from synthesizing natural plant medicines, creating a faker, less effective pill that also comes with side effects (which they happen to have other pills for too btw) and it’s a never-ending vicious cycle. There are three things you should know about these five kitchen remedies. First, they are cheaper than an over the counter or prescribed drug. Second, they are all natural and work better than any drug. Third, they have additional health benefits beyond aiding to the ailment you’re using it for, whether it’s improving circulation, immunity, liver health and more. You’re getting a cheaper, safer, more effective natural solution that has additional health benefits (that the prescription meds don’t have) while these have additional health benefits as an added plus. With that being said, let’s dive into what you can and should have in your kitchen at all times!
5 Kitchen Remedies That Work Better Than Drugs
- Real Raw Honey: Real raw honey that you can get from your local beekeeper or at the farmers market is an incredible beneficial thing for healthy immune response. It’s anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and acts as a natural antibiotic in the body only harming what harms your immunity. It’s full of enzymes, phyto-nutrients, antioxidants and compounds that benefit the immune system and liver. Instead of taking a drug for the flu, cold, cough or congestion, take a spoonful of honey! It’s also even more beneficial when mixed with apple cider vinegar and some Una De Gato (cat’s claw) herb.
- Organic Ginger: Ginger is one of the best stomach aids you can have on hand. The ginger root is an incredibly beneficial way to aid in stomach discomfort. If you have gas, bloating, discomfort, stomach pain or discomfort of any kind then ginger root is your best friend. Simply peel the ginger, cut it up and boil in purified or spring water to make a strong ginger tea. You can also use ground ginger in water to make a tea if you don’t have as much time but it may not be as potent. Ginger is also one of the best natural treatments for heartburn and acid reflux. Skip the tummy or heartburn pill and go with ginger!
- Lemon & Himalayan Salt Combo: Ever get a bad headache? maybe even a migraine? Drinking fresh squeezed organic lemon water with a pinch of Himalayan salt may be your best answer. Typically dehydration is the main cause of headaches, and if dehydration is not the cause then a stagnant liver that cannot remove impurities leads to a headache or migraine. Drinking lemon water with Himalayan salt full of minerals and trace minerals can stop some headaches in 5 minutes or less. It’s all natural and sure beats any pill! Keep lemons and Himalayan salt on hand at all times! Himalayan salt has many minerals and health benefits.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used for many purposes both externally and internally. It is great for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and more. Instead of taking a pill for a skin condition try applying this diluted in water topically. It is also extremely beneficial taken internally. If you have a stomach ache, any stomach issue, this is beneficial. This is also beneficial for heartburn or acid reflux. This can also be used as a remedy for cough, congestion, sinus pressure, high blood pressure, diabetes, kidney stones and more! It is one of the most important and multi-use home remedies that you can have on hand. It’s cheap and all natural and beneficial for health in so many ways. I recommend organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered apple cider vinegar for best results for any of these uses.
- Baking Soda: Baking soda is much more than a baking agent, it’s a great thing to have on hand and use for home remedies in a safe way. It can be used and is used in treating heartburn as an antacid, skin conditions, urinary tract infections, gas and bloating and even cancer. It can simply be added to water and drank. It is alkaline so it shouldn’t be used often as the gut is and needs to be acidic for healthy digestion. In the case of acid reflux or other overly-acidic environments though it can work great.
There you have it. Ginger, apple cider vinegar, lemon, Himalayan salt and baking soda are a godsend and should be in your kitchen at all times, you can skip big pharma’s solution and go with a cheaper, natural, and safer alternative. These things can help treat acid reflux and heartburn, stomach aches, headaches, stomach pains, skin conditions, urinary tract infections and so much more.