When I was younger, say 10 or so years ago I listened to an audio book entitled Natural Cures They Don’t Want You To Know About by: Kevin Trudeau. Little did I know that book would forever changed my life. I made an internal vow that as I grew older I would do whatever I could to expose the corruption and fraud in the pharmaceutical industry, and here I am today doing that. I don’t believe everyone in the pharmaceutical industry is evil, I believe that there are a lot of moving parts and people and deception lies on multiple levels.
The injustice, corruption and malpractice is rampant though, and this is obvious by any outsider looking in once you start to read the facts. The facts are quite obvious. The facts and figures speak for themselves. In comparison to other countries, in comparison to where the pharmaceutical industry was years ago, in comparison to any other metric I think you’ll agree that by the end of this article that the pharmaceutical industry is one of the most corrupt and deceptive industries. Preying on the health of millions of people for profit.
11 Pharmaceutical Industry Facts That Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- According to the NY Times, more than 30 Million Americans take an antidepressant. This figure is from a few years ago also, so this number could be (and i’m sure it is) higher now, meaning that 1 in 10 Americans is on an antidepressant. Antidepressant are some of the most dangerous drugs with side effects such as suicidal thoughts and in some cases actual suicides, do anything you can to avoid these drugs and find a non-drug alternative.
- 1 Out Of 4 Women in their 40’s and 50’s is taking an antidepressant medication. That’s 25% of 40’s to 50+ year old’s.
- Americans account for around only 5 of of the world population, but we buy more than 50 percent of the pharmaceutical drugs. That means in America we buy and use 10x more pharmaceutical drugs than other countries!
- 80% of Prescription Painkillers are consumed by Americans. I guess we have a lot more pain than people in other countries? Or we use prescription painkillers to medicate in other ways? Maybe we have more physical pain AND we self-medicate more than other countries.
- Doctors in the United States write 259 million prescriptions for painkillers each year. Just so you know, painkillers are some of the most addictive legal drugs. See any correlation to addiction and long term profit here?
- Nearly 70 percent of all Americans are on at least one prescription drug, and 20 percent of all Americans are on at least five prescription drugs. Prescription drug use is at an all time high.
- According to the CDC, approximately 9 out of every 10 Americans that are at least 60 years old say that they have taken at least one prescription drug within the last month. That’s 90%!
- In 2010, the average teen in the United States was taking 1.2 central nervous system drugs. Those are the kinds of drugs which treat conditions such as ADHD and depression. The .2 just proves that the drugs don’t work in the first place, the 1st drug didn’t work so they started prescribing more. I wouldn’t be surprised if this number is near 1.5 or even 2 drugs now 6 years later.
- Prescription drugs kill about 200,000 people in the United States each year. Based on my research this is the 3rd largest cause of death in the United States, coming in right behind CANCER. The drugs that are supposed to help are killing more people than actual disease like respiratory disease and others.
- In 11 years (from 1999 to 2010) the suicide rate has increased by a whopping 30%! At this same time antidepressant use had gone up. What’s interesting is that if you research this you’ll find many cases and stories of people (including teenagers) who have committed suicide and the drug industry has “Science” (in quotes) saying that when adolescent youth are not treated with antidepressant that the suicide rate increases 60%. Seriously the most fraudulent “science” I have ever seen, and it’s literally killing people while big pharma lines their pockets.
- The American Pharmaceutical industry is said to be worth $374 BILLION dollars as of 2016. I did the math and if you divide that by 374 Billion in Revenue by 300 Million Americans (the majority of the population except for the youngest 10% or so) you get $1,246.66. That means the pharmaceutical makes approximately $103 per month from each and every single American (minus the youngest portion of the population. That’s approximately $3.50 a day each American puts in the pharmaceutical industry’s pockets. What’s interesting is that I did some research to find the size of the food industry and the food industry is said to be $594 Billion. Think of it this way, Every time you spend $100 grocery shopping just imagine an additional $62.96 ($63) going to the pharmaceutical industry, to partially try to “fix” the negative effects of those foods. These pharmaceutical drugs then have side effects of course, so it leads to more prescriptions and the industry continues to grow, swallowing up the health of it’s participants whole like a vicious shark attack.
These are just some of the facts and statistics. If we got into efficacy, side effects, drug reactions, malpractice by both drug companies and doctors, we’d be digging a rabbit hole that would go very, very deep, and the pharmaceutical industry doesn’t like that, so let’s get on their nerves a bit more and spread the word about how corrupt and inept this industry truly is.